vendredi, avril 27, 2007

A day at Chenonceau



















9 commentaires:

Monica a dit…

Absolutely stunning!!! Isn't it the most beautiful château ever? Well, I think.
Hope you had a great work day there. You're lucky, you had a blue sky to make the photos even more perfect!

M.Benaut a dit…

And very soon, Monica will be there also, for more photos.
When I was there in 1998, the River was dry and we walked underneath.
Is this the Loire, or a small river that connects with it?
These photos are wonderful, Eric, lovely reflections (and ankles). Merci.

Monica a dit…

M.Benaut, as I recall, this is River Cher. Splendid, isn't it?!

Michael Salone a dit…

Actually, isn't this simply the moat that surrounds the castle? Great shots Eric!

Monica a dit…

Michael, the castle was built on the river Cher. In a bigger picture showing the whole castle it´s easier to see it.

Lori a dit…

Spectacular! I feel like I've had a mini-vacation! Thanks for these lovely photos.

tonton_flaneur a dit…

Superbe!!! Now if they would only restore the monarchy I would be able to move back in!! LOL!!

John Nez a dit…

Thanks for the pictures of a place I'll likely never get to myself... such wonders from the past!

I can see that the 'making of' site is probably even better than the original Paris Daily Photo!

SuzieM a dit…

I have been to Chenonceau many times, and you have found an incredibly unique way to take the photo of that black and white checkered floor. That looks like Henri IV though......is it? Magnifique.